June 2, 2011
WHITE NIGHTS IN SYDNEY
I am an author and speaker who specialises in interpreting popular culture from a Christian viewpoint. I am the Senior Leader of Red Church based in Box Hill, Melbourne. As well as being the creative director of Uber Ministries. View all posts by marksayers
This entry was posted on Thursday, June 2nd, 2011 at 3:19 pm and posted in event. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Comments are disabled.
I am author and speaker who specializes in interpreting popular culture from a Christian viewpoint.
Bordertown: Free Online Novel
New Book: The Vertical Self
Book: The Trouble With Paris
DVD: The Trouble With Paris
- Thus the Christian idea of sacrificial death was reframed in a secular narrative of loss & replanted out of the church into the war memorial 6 hours ago
- Winter notes that war memorials embody the post WW1 civil religion, which due to the commonwealth's multi-faith mix, were made secular. 6 hours ago
- Winter notes that while US civil religion is more messianic in tone, WW1 created a kind of civil religion in UK/AUS/NZ/CA based on mourning. 6 hours ago
- If you want to understand why WW1 & Gallipoli continues to grow in cultural weight, Jay Winter's work is essential. oyc.yale.edu/history/hist-2… 7 hours ago
- "Politics can’t resolve this...It’s what the gospel should be doing all over the world, bringing reconciliation.” christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2015… 7 hours ago